Last year I remember seeing The Glamour Beauty festival on social media and being gutted I didn’t have tickets, as it looked amazing! So this year I entered the Pixi Competition on Instagram to win tickets, never thinking I would actually win! But as they say, you have to be in it to win it… and guess what… I WON IT!! It was also the weekend of my birthday and I was already in London, perfect!
So I’m sure you’ve all heard of Glamour magazine, if not where have you been!? I’ve been reading Glamour magazine for yonks, it’s my go-to magazine so I was super excited to attending the festival! It was at the Saatchi Gallery on Kings Road, one of my favourite parts of London! I won two tickets so I met my blogger friend Erin there, and I couldn’t believe how big the festival was when we got in. It was over 3 floors and split up into different areas: one big area for hair and skincare, another for make-up and nails, and then on the top floor was the room for the talks and to collect goodie bags, which I will come to in a moment (it was amazing!).
You could get your hair, makeup, nails and facials done for free… so pretty much everything you’d need! The only thing to bare in mind are the queues! Unfortunately for me queuing and waiting is a big trigger for my anxiety, so I chose to wonder around the festival rather than queue to have anything done. Hopefully next year I’ll be in better place with my anxiety as I would have loved to have everything done, especially my nails by Cheeky. I find Cheeky’s polish is amazing. I had my nails done by them for my birthday two days before so I didn’t need them re-doing, however no joke, the polish lasted a week without being chipped. I really hope Cheeky are there next year!!
Throughout the festival weekend there are plenty of talks going on, and you get one talk included with your ticket. Saturday started with Pixiwoo and throughout the day were talks by Sam McKnight, Mary Greenwell, Dermot O’leary, Fearn cotton, Amelia Free, Louisa Johnson, Madeline Shaw and Cleaning Eating Alice… wow, the list goes on and that’s just Saturday’s line- up! So you can imagine there’s something for everyone!! They also did a live podcast recording of Glamour’s “Hey It’s Ok Podcast”. I’m going to listen to it and the other ones as they sound like they’re great. I love the “Hey It’s Ok” page in Glamour, it always makes me laugh!
So let’s talk about the goodie bag. I’m going to admit that it’s the best goodie bag I’ve have ever had, it’s worth £190+ and includes:
- Elegant Touch nails
- Marc Jacobs Mascara (Travel size)
- GHD Advance Split End Therapy (Can’t wait to try this, my split ends are awful atm!)
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (Heard so many great things about Fresh so can’t wait to try it)
- Eylure Lash by Fleur De Force
- Redken Shine Flash
- PIXI Glow Mist (Definitely can’t wait to try this)
- NARS Blush (Another product I’ve heard so many great things about)
- The Estee Edit White Mud Scrub + Mask (excited about this one too)
- Caudalie Micellar Water (Another brand I’ve been wanting to try)
- Garnier Skin Active Moisture Bomb (I nearly bought this last week in Boots, glad I didn’t now!)
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Gel Wash (I also nearly bought this too)
- Garner Tissue Mask (These are great)
- Elizabeth Arden 8hr Cream (This was on my birthday list but I didn’t get it, so glad I can try it now)
- Laura Miecer Eye Shadow Pencil
- OGX Shampoo / Conditioner
- High Deffention Brow pencil
- Lip Balm
WOW… what a goodie bag! So many great brands that I’ve been wanting to try out, and that’s why goodie bags are so great!
Whilst I was at the event I picked up a great offer for 12 Glamour magazines for £9, and then I got an email saying I won a goodie bag worth £1000! I kinda didn’t believe it but then a couple of days later I got email confirming that I’d been a winner, so was soooo excited to receive that goodie bag! I feel incredibly lucky! Make sure to head over to my instagram to see some of the bits on in it.
A MASSIVE THANK YOU to PIXI who sent me my free tickets to the festival, and A MASSIVE THANK YOU to Glamour for picking me as the winner of the £1000 Glamour goodie bag!!
Disclaimer: I won my tickets through PIXI’s Instagram, and I wrote this blog post purely as I enjoyed myself so much I wanted to share my experience with my lovely readers!! For more information please see my disclaimer.