OMG… guess what time of year it is!? Only my absolute favourite! Christmas is not far away and I’m already getting into the spirit.
I’m going to share with you my favourite recipe to bake at Christmas time with the help of the lovely people over at Boohoo. They kindly got in touch and asked me what I like to cook over the winter period and if I’d like to share it in style!
I’m so happy to be sharing this recipe with you! It’s my sister’s gingerbread recipe that we’ve been making for years. We bake them together at Christmas for family and friends to enjoy, and they always go down a treat!
So it’s time I share this fool-proof recipe with you lovelies and start embracing the Christmas build-up! I’m also adding an edible gold glitter twist to make them extra Christmasy ?
- 8 people
- Prep. Time:
- 15 mins
- Cook Time:
- 10-12 mins
- 125g butter
- 100g dark sugar
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 325g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- Gold dust sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 170ºC
- Melt butter, sugar and syrup in a pan on a low heat.
- Sieve flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger into a bowl.
- Slowly pour melted ingredients bit-by-bit while stirring. It should turn into a dough.
- Roll out the dough into a 1cm sheet.
- Use your favourite cookie cutter to cut out the biscuit shapes and place onto a baking tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place baking tin into oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked, move the biscuits onto a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, place biscuits onto your favourite serving plate and sprinkle with the gold.
I hope you enjoyed this little recipe. You can’t go wrong with them (unless you bake them for too long and they go rock solid — which I may have done in the past!). Also, how cute is this Christmas jumper? I love it so much! It’s the Simone snowflake and reindeer knitted jumper from Boohoo
Let me know what your favourite Christmas recipe is — I’d love to hear them!
Also, keep your eye out for a Boohoo outfit blog post next Saturday and a Boohoo try-on haul next Sunday over on my Youtube channel!
Disclaimer: The lovely Christmas jumper was kindly sent to me by Boohoo along with some other items to include in this Christmas recipe blog post. For more details on my honesty policy please see my disclaimer.