I’ve wanted to write a blog post on staying hydrated for ages. I’ve always been pretty bad at drinking enough water but after reading up all the amazing benefits of staying hydrated I decided it was about time to make an effort!
So you can imagine it was perfect timing when I found out about Highland Spring’s Feel Good challenge. They contacted me and asked if I’d be interested in experiencing the benefits of staying 100% hydrated to help me become the best version of myself. I was obviously super happy to take part and I couldn’t wait to start!
As a child I would only ever drink water if it was mixed with squash. As I grew up I went off squash, but I still never liked the taste of tap water. So filtered and bottled water were the only options for me! Bottled water obviously has the convenience factor and I actually still prefer the taste over filtered.
After reading up a little more about hydration it turns out that even mild dehydration can adversely affect your physical and mental performance. To me that means: “stay hydrated and I can work better on my blog and YouTube”. Count me in!!
A funny little story: My sister went through a phase a few years ago of only drinking Highland Spring, which meant we once had to go on a hunt for it in the middle of Dubai! Luckily our dad is pretty easy-going and we managed find it in a supermarket over there!
During the challenge, whether I was at home, out for a run or out and about in town, I always had a bottle of water with me. It was really great and something I’ve never done before. I’m normally really bad and stay thirsty for ages before I decide to make myself a drink, and that probably wasn’t doing my mind or body any good!
As I’ve sometimes struggled to drink enough water I’ve picked up a few tricks and tips that I wanted to share with you…
My Tips to Feel #Hygreat!
One thing that’s got me drinking more water, especially at dinner time, is to create some infusions! Some of my favourite infusions are lemon and lime, cucumber and mint, and rosemary! Yep you heard right… rosemary! I know that sounds strange at first but trust me you have to try it out! These infusions add some variety to your water when you’re after something more interesting!
Here’s a few of my other tips:
- Wake Up with Water — Start your day by drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning. It will set you off on healthy start to the day.
- Keeping it Cool — If you’re not a fan of water, try making sure you serve it chilled. It makes such a difference!
- Bag It — Always having a bottle in your handbag makes sure you can always have a sip when you’re on the go and feeling thirsty.
- …and a Water Please — Always have a glass or bottle of water whenever you have a tea or coffee. Caffeine can make you wee more, so make sure you make up for that by upping your water intake.
- On Your Desk — I like to have a big bottle of water on my desk right in-front of me. This means that throughout the day you’re always reminded and you can easily see how much you’ve drunk. This is a great way to keep an eye on your intake and ensure you’re getting plenty of the good stuff. I also find I drink more if I don’t have to keep getting up and down from my desk!
One thing I do suffer with is tiredness – having a job, running a blog and creating YouTube content can take it’s toll! Not drinking enough can be a cause of fatigue, so making sure I drink plenty of water using these tips is something super important to me.
Together with keeping you alert, drinking water can also keep you happier and healthier from your head to your toes. Highland Spring’s Happy Hydration article is a very good read if you want to find out more about the other benefits. There’s also some great advice to help ensure kids drink enough water too!
I hope this blog post has been useful and given you some ideas on how to stay better hydrated and making every day a feel-good day!
To show how much I’ve enjoyed this experience, take a look at how I flew through my Highland Spring…
If you have any tips on how you stay hydrated or how you like to spice up your water then let me know in the comments below! And don’t forget to share your tips with the Highland Spring #Hygreat hashtag!
Oh, and as always, make sure you recycle your water bottles! ♻️
Disclaimer: Highland Spring very kindly sent me a supply of water to help me stay hydrated, feel the benefits and share my experience and tips with my lovely readers. For more information about how I work with companies and my honesty policy, please see my disclaimer.